The project included the design of data warehouse architecture and the development of Business Intelligence tools. It was challenging due to a wide variety of source systems and the business requirements including data availability, flexibility, quick access to data and minimizing IT involvement in the generation of reports and analysis.
The Agile Business Intelligence concept was used in the project, along with a wide variety of modern BI tools and systems:
• Data Vault modeling
• Oracle database engine
• Denodo data virtualization platform
• Real time analytics – Amazon Web Services, Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon (EMR) Hadoop, Spark, Amazon Redshift, NoSQL Databases
• Informatica PowerCenter (ETL), including Real Time
• Data analysis and reporting tools like Tableau i SAS Visual Analytics
• All tasks were integrated on the Microsoft MDS platform.
DNA Oy – a Finnish telecommunications company.