On Line Analytical Processing (OLAP) is an approach which provides swift responses to multi-dimensional analytical (MDA) queries. It presents a multidimensional structure of the company. This technique constitutes a fast, consistent and interactive way to provide key information for the company. OLAP tools enable users to interactively analyze data complexity from multiple perspectives. Databases configured for OLAP use a multidimensional data model, allowing for complex analytical and ad-hoc queries with a rapid execution time. Due to that, results are transparent and clear.
The following operations make it possible to provide the highest quality information:
- Data mining – delivery of detailed data on the feature which is being tested,
- Aggregation – analysis of data from a wider perspective,
- Selection – selection of data features for analysis,
- Ranking of data – lineup of attributes,
- Arithmetic, statistical, and econometric operations as well as selection of value, sorting and generating indicators.